The Workshop was established on 30th September 1893, under the aegis of “THE NIZAM GUARANTEED STATE RAILWAYS” for undertaking periodic over hauling and repairs to BG and MG steam locomotives, coaches and wagons. Subsequently it was brought under the purview of “NIZAM STATE RAILWAYS”. On formation of South Central Railway on 2nd October 1966, it became a major workshop of the zone.It continued to be a composite workshop for MG and BG rolling stock till 1973.Due to phasing out of steam locos, the workshop took up POH of all types of BG coaches and was named as “Carriage Workshops”. The workshop is spread over an area of 13.97 hectares with 4.25 hectares of covered area. POH of AC coaches was commenced during 1981. POH of DMUs/DHMUs trailer coaches was commenced in 2003, EMUs trailer coaches and tower wagons in 2006, DEMU and DHMU power cars in 2011.In 2012, this workshop has obtained ISO 9001:2008 Certification and commenced LHB Coach SS1 Schedule.