The stress being accorded by Shri Piyush Goyal, Hon’ble Minister of Railways towards meeting the expectations of rail users has formed the basis for South Central Railway to implement the plan of action for introducing new train services, providing stoppages and extension of train services in Telangana State. This initiative in the last 4 years between 2014-18 has come as a big boon to the rail travellers in various sectors, on the basis of providing rail connectivity between new destinations and enhancing connectivity between various destinations.
The high points of this endeavour of the railways to meet public needs in Telangana State are:
ØCities of Telangana have immensely been benefited by the introduction ofnew trains
-Train No. 12795/12796 Secunderabad - Vijayawada - Secunderabad Intercity Express which provides a very fastrail service between the capital area of Telangana and the capital region of Andhra Pradesh.
-Train No.17417/17418Shirdi Sai Nagar-Tirupati- Shirdi Sai Nagar Weekly Express which majorly passes through Telangana Region, providing a very reliable rail connect to the pilgrim traffic proceeding either towards Tirumala or Shirdi.
- Train No. 11084/11083 Kazipet-LTT Mumbai-Kazipet Weekly Express serves to meet the needs of the second biggest city in Telangana i.e., Warangal / Hanumakonda / Kazipet to Mumbai, the commercial capital of India, catering to a sizable section of migrant population of the belt who hold strong relations with Mumbai.
- Train No. 11206/11205 Nizamabad - LTT Mumbai- Nizamabad Express which after introduction has been extended up to Karimnagar, is yet another important rail service which earned patronage from the people of north Telangana, settled in Mumbai and the surrounding cities of Maharashtra.
- Train No.19315/19316 Lingampalli - Indore- - Lingampalli Weekly Hamsafar Express, is a latest rail service incorporating enhanced features for comfortable rail travel, introduced to link Hyderabad City with Indore, one of the fastest developing urban centres of India. The service extends the connect and bond between the people of Hyderabad and Madhya Pradesh.
- Train No. 22705/22706 Humsafar Weekly Express between Tirupati-Jammu Tawi-Tirupati is yet another new train which connects the two most important pilgrim centres in India, situated in the South and the North. This new train extensively passes through Telangana, offering the pilgrims and tourists a very convenient option of travel to Tirumala , the abode of Lord Venkateswara and Katra, the gate way to Mata Vaishnodevi’s shrine.
List of all new trains introduced (10 pairs) originating from Telangana.
- 16353/16354 Kacheguda - Nagercoil - Kacheguda Weekly Express.
- 12784/12783 Secunderabad - Visakhapatnam - Secunderabad AC Weekly Express.
- 12796/12795 Secunderabad - Vijayawada - Secunderabad Intercity Express
- 17021/17022 Hyderabad - Vasco-Da-Gama - Hyderabad weekly Express.
- 11308/11307 Hyderabad - Gulbarga - Hyderabad Intercity Express.
- 11084/11083 Kazipet - Lokamanya Tilak (T) - Kazipet weekly Express
- 22128/22127 Kazipet - Lokamanya Tilak (T) - Kazipet weekly Express.
- 77622/77623 Mahbubnagar - Jaklair - Mahbubnagar Bi - Weekly DEMU.
- 22152/22151 Kazipet -Pune - Kazipet Weekly Express.
- 19316/19315 Lingampalli - Indore - Lingampalli Humsafar Express.
List of all new trains (9 pairs) passing through Telangana.
- 17621/17622 Aurangabad - Renigunta - Aurangabad Weekly Express.
- 17417/17418 Tirupati - Sainagar Shirdi - Tirupati weekly Express.
- 22705/22706 Tirupati - Jammutawi - Tirupati weekly Humsafar Express.
- 22415/22416 Visakhapatnam - New Delhi - Visakhapatnam A.P. Express.
- 18112/18111 Yeshvantpur - Tatanagar - Yeshvantpur weekly Express.
- 16864/16863 Mannargudi - Jodhpur - Mannargudi weekly Express.
- 16793/16794 Rameswaram - Faizabad - Rameswaram weekly Express.
- 14815/14816 Bagath Ki koti - Tambaram - Bhagat Ki Koti Humsafar Express.
- 19603/19604 Ajmer - Rameswaram - Ajmer Humsafar Express.
ØHigh on the priority for the railways has been the need to extend important rail services so as to offer more convenience to rail users. Several express trains have been extended to offer this benefit.
- With the Western Suburbs of Hyderabad, the Cyberabad and the IT belt developing enormously, people of this part of Hyderabad city have been seeking extension of important rail services to run to and from Lingampalli, the new rail hub in the city, located in the western part. Accordingly, the following 5 trains have been extended to run to and from Lingampalli.
·Train .No.12775/12776 Kakinada-Secunderbad Kokanada Express
·Train .No.12737/12738 Kakinada- Secunderbad Goutami Express
·Train .No.12795/12796 Vijayawada- Secunderbad, Intercity Express
·Train .No.12733/12734 Tirupati- Secunderbad Narayanadri Express
·Train .No.12805/12806 Visakhapatnam- Secunderbad Janmabhoomi Express.
List of all trains in Telangana (36 services) extended to various destinations
·12793/12794 Tirupati - Hyderabad upto Nizamabad.
·12749/12750 Machilipatnam - Secunderabad upto Bidar.
·12737/12738 Kakinada - Secunderabad upto Lingampalli.
·12775/12776 Kakinada - Secunderabad AC Express upto Lingamapalli
·17652/17651 Kacheguda - Chennai upto Chengalpattu.
·57448 Mahabubnagar - Secunderabadupto Mirzapalli
·77602 Medchal - Secunderabad upto Falaknuma
·17641/17642 Kacheguda - Akola Express upto Narkher.
·77260/77259 Karimnagar - Lingampet Jagityal upto Morthad
·77260/77259 Karimnagar - Morthad upto Nizamabad
·17020/17019 Hyderabad - Ajmer upto Jaipur
·57601/57602 Kacheguda - Nizamabad upto Karimnagar
·11304/11303 Kolhapur - Hyderabad upto Manuguru.
·11205/11206 Lokamanya Tilak Terminus - Nizamabad upto Karimnagar.
·12733/12734 Tirupati - Secunderabad upto Lingampalli.
·12795/12796 Vijayawada - Secunderabad upto Lingampalli.
·12720/12719 Hyderabad - Ajmer upto Jaipur
·17037/17038 Secunderabad - Bikaner upto Hisar
ØRailways have kept the interests of rail users and the traffic trends in view to accord new stoppages to various rail services, which originate or pass through Telangana. This additional facility has earned expected patronage and enabled stabilize the traffic flow, by providing more travel options to rail users.
List of Additional Stoppages of trains (23 service) originating / passing through Telangana
·Train No.57426/57425 Kacheguda – Guntakal - Kacheguda passenger at Vallur.
·Train No.57623/57624 Kacheguda – Guntur - Kacheguda passenger at Vallur.
·Train No. 12214/12213 Delhi Sarai Rohilla -Yeswantpur - Delhi Sarai RohillaDuronto Express at Secunderabad.
·Train No. 12705Guntur-Secunderabad Intercity Exp at Bhongir.
·Train No. 17229/17230 Thiruvanantapuram Central - -Hyderabad - Thiruvanantapuram CentralSabari Exp at Charlapalli.
·Train No. 12703/12704 Secunderabad-Howrah - Secunderabad Falaknuma Express at Ramannapet.
·Train No. 16093/16094 Chennai Central - Lucknow - Chennai Central Express at Errupalem.
·Train No. 17417/17418 Tirupati-Sai nagar Shirdi - Tirupati Express at Chittapur.
·Train No. 18111/18112 Tata Nagar - Yeshvantpur - Tata Nagar Express at Chittapur.
·Train No. 17064/17063 Secunderabad - Manmad - Secunderabad Express at Wadiaram.
·Train No. 11019/11020 Mumbai - Bhubaneswar - Mumbai Express at Lingampalli.
· Train No. 17014/17013 Hyderabad - Pune - Hyderabad tri weekly Express at Lingampalli.