Out of 120 applications, 102 applications are found eligible to participate in the RFP stage.
Indian Railways has completed the RFQ evaluations for PPP in Passenger Train Operations Project.
Out of 120 applications, 102 applications have been found eligible to participate in the RFP stage.
Ministry of Railways (MOR) had invited Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for private participation in operation of passenger train services over 12 Clusters comprising for more than 150 Origin Destination pair of routes through introduction of 151 modern Trains.
This is the first major initiative of attracting private investment for running Passenger Trains over Indian Railway Network. The project would entail private sector investment of about Rs 30,000 crores.
The private entities for undertaking the project would be selected through a transparent two-stage competitive bidding process comprising of Request for Qualification (RFQ) and Request for Proposal (RFP).
The RFQ for 12 clusters were published on 01 July 2020.
• The applications were opened on October 7, 2020, the application due date. MoR has received excellent response. In all 120 Applications have been received for the 12 Clusters, from 16 applicant firms. Cluster wise details of the Applications received are attached herewith.
MoR has completed the evaluation of Applications. Out of 120 applications, 102 applications are found eligible to participate in the RFP stage. The results of evaluation of Applications are attached herewith. The RFP documents will be made available to the qualified applicants very soon.
For Secunderabad Cluster- 9, nine (09) applicants are qualified for participation in RFP stage for Cluster 9 (Secunderabad) of PPP in Passenger Train Operations Project:
1) M/s Cube Highways and Infrastructure III Pte. Ltd.
2) Consortium of
(a) M/s Gateway Rail Freight Limited
(b) M/s Gateway Distriparks Limited
3) M/s GMR Highways Limited
4) M/s Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd.
5) M/s IRB Infrastructure Developers Limited
6) M/s L&T Infrastructure Development Projects Limited
7) Consortium of
(a) M/s Malempati Power Private Limited
(b) M/s Techno Infra Developers Pvt Ltd
8) M/s Megha Engineering & Infrastructures Ltd.
9) M/s Welspun Enterprises Limited
For the remaining clusters, the qualified applicants in RPF stage of PPP in Passenger Train Operations Project are as detailed below:
1. Mumbai-1 Cluster-1, eight (08) applicants
2. Mumbai-2 Cluster-2, eleven (11) applicants
3. Delhi – 1 Cluster – 3, nine (09) applicants
4. Delhi-2, Cluster 4, ten (10) applicants are qualified
5. Chandigarh, Cluster 5, eight (08) applicants
6. Howrah, Cluster 6, eight (08) applicants
7. Patna, Cluster 7, eight (08) applicants
8. Prayagraj, Cluster 8, nine (09) applicants
9. Jaipur, Cluster 10, nine (09) applicants
10. Chennai, Cluster 11, five (05) applicants
11. Bengaluru, Cluster 12, eight (08) applicants