- 1.06 Million Tonnes freight loading registered in the current fiscal up to 7th Dec, 2020
which is 58% more than the previous year same period
Freight Loading in Hyderabad Division has shown considerable improvement during the current financial year by surpassing the previous financial year’s total freight loading. The freight loading registered 1.06 MTs by the end of 7th December, 2020 which is 58% more than the freight loading during the same period of the previous financial year. It has also crossed the mark of previous financial year’s total loading which was only 1.05 MTs.
The reduction in the operation of passenger train services, improved track maintenance as well as continuous monitoring has helped to enhance the average speed of freight trains to 50 Kmph from the previous year’s average speed of 27 Kmph. In addition, the continuous marketing efforts by newly formed Business Development Units and various freight concessions & incentive schemes introduced for the benefit of freight customers have helped in improving the existing loading as well as capturing new traffic. Some of the highlights of freight loading in the current financial year by Hyderabad Division are -
· New traffic started this year includes Iron ore & Quartz chips from Veldurti station, Maize from Nizamabad station and Boiled Rice from Kaukuntla.
· For the first time, Turmeric has been loaded from Nizamabad in Telangana to beyond the borders, Bangladesh.
· 0.847 Million Tonnes of food grains transported this year which is almost double than the previous year same period (0.435 MTs).
· New Private freight terminal has been made operational at Kaukuntla and Rice has been transported exclusively to Southern states.
· Facilitating the freight customers for loading in mini rakes (20 wagons instead of full rake of 40 wagons) has helped in enhanced loading in transportation of Maize.
· Loading of Iron ore and Stone chips to major destinations like Macheri Road, Kharagpur and JSW Steel, Hubli
Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, South Central Railway has complimented Divisional Railway Manager, Hyderabad Division and his team for their consistent efforts towards enhancing freight loading. He advised the officials to sustain this momentum to attract additional traffic toward Railways and be in regular touch with freight customers to boost their confidence upon Railways.