-Except authorized passengers with confirmed ticket no one is allowed to enter the platforms and travel in trains
South Central Railway is running several regular special trains and in addition to these trains, SCR has planned to run more additional services of festival specials during the month of January-2021 to cater the needs of passengers during festival season. SCR is running these special trains in between various destinations like Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Kakinada, Chennai, Trivandrum, Kollam, Bhubaneswar, Howrah, Mumbai, New Delhi, Guwahati, Danapur, Jaipur, Nagpur, Nanded, Parbhani, Aurangabad and Sirpur kaghaznagar etc. The Zone is also making efforts to mobilize resources and operate more festival specials during the peak days of Sankranti festival.
Passengers are requested to note that, all the Festival Special Trains are fully reserved trains and no passengers should come to the Railway stations without a confirmed ticket. For the convenience of passengers adequate Reservation counters are being operated at all the important Railway stations. All the passengers are advised to follow the guidelines mentioned below:
1. Passengers with confirmed tickets only are allowed to enter the stations and trains.
2. Wearing of proper mask is essential to travel.
3. Maintain social distancing at stations and trains is advised.
4. Persons having symptoms such as high temperature, cough, cold etc., are advised to desist from travelling.
5. Covid Positive persons are not allowed to railway area or boarding a train.
6. Boarding a train after having been denied to undertake travel by the health checkup team at the railway station is an offence and punishment will be imposed.
7. Spitting or willful ejection of body fluid/waste in public area is a punishable offence.
8. Any activity which may create unclean or unhygienic conditions or affect public health and safety in railway stations and trains is also a punishable offence.
Apart from the above, South Central Railway seeks the co-operation of rail passengers to ensure a safe and hassle-free rail travel by observing the precautions to stop the spread of Covid-19. Anyone not adhering to the Covid-19 prevention protocol would be viewed seriously and is liable to be taken-up under relevant section of the Railway Act-1989.
In view of the Festival season several special arrangements have been made for the convenience of authorized passengers as detailed below;
1. Adequate manning of the gates at Railway stations and also in the trains has been done to keep a check on the passengers without ticket/unauthorized travelling.
2. Adequate Reservation counters have been opened at PRS centers as well as at stations to cater to the requirement of passengers for regular as well as last minute bookings.
3. Regular announcements are being made at Railway stations as well as at PRS counters to inform the passengers about introduction of new festival special trains.
4. Frequent announcements are also being made at Railway stations to inform the passengers that all these trains are fully reserved trains and waitlisted ticket holders should not board the train.