- Circulating area improved with lush greenery and elegant looks
- State of the art steam locomotive model & 100 feet monumental flag adorns New beauty to the station
Ministry of Railways has taken up the ambitious project of ‘Redevelopment of important Railway Stations’across all the zones, for providing best of its class amenities complying with green norms,elegant look and feel. Guntakal Railway station is one among those stations considered for such redevelopment on a large scale.
Guntakal is Railway Divisional headquarters and the station is one of the major junctions on South Central Railway, connecting all directions across the countryviz., Secunderabad & beyond in the North, Mumbai in the west, Bengaluru & beyond in the South and Vijayawada& beyond in the East. The Redevelopment of Guntakal Railway station has been taken up with an estimated cost of around Rs. 11.5 Croreand the works are being executed by South Central Railway.
Prior to Redevelopment, there was no direct approach on to platforms from the entrance. Now, as a part of redevelopment a new platform has been constructed along with new station building duly developing the unused railway area as circulating area. The circulating area in the station entrance is now properly connected with approach roads which are constructed as a part of redevelopment of the station. The new Station Building has been provided with energy efficient and eco-friendly features by implementing various Green initiatives and Energy initiatives like Vertical gardens, Rain water harvesting, Solar panels, LED lighting, energy efficient devices, insulation on roof top, extensive use of solar lighting etc.
Setting up of Model Steam Loco in front of Guntakal station building
To enhance the beauty of the station and also to recollect the old cherished memories of Railways steam engine era, a MODEL STEAM LOCOMOTIVE has been setup in front of New station building. The steam loco has been built in house by Diesel Loco Shed, Guntakal which is the replica of the original Steam Loco YP2204. This setup has added glory to the new Station Building and also attracting the eyes of Rail users.
Important works carried out as part of development of Circulating area
· Open Air Amphitheater
· Children’s Park
· Water Fountain system
· Vertical garden along side of Parking areas
· Tree plantation along the Approach road
· Display of Typographical structure titled "I Love Guntakal" made of Steel
· Landscape developments in Lotus shape aerial view in Arrival & departure areas.
· Inverted Umbrella Shading with Integrated Rain water harvesting and Solar powered Lighting arrangements.
· Traffic flow pattern arrangements.
· Providing entry and exit Archs.
Other works carried out as part of Redevelopment
· Improvement to Existing waiting halls apart from providing new open waiting halls.
· Improvement to Station Master rooms, development of interiors and exteriors of new platforms and building.
· Improvement to platform surfaces of Platform Nos 6 & 7.
· Providing essential facilities for Divyangjan.
· Improvement to concourse and lounge areas.
· Improvement to Façade at entry and exit locations.
· Provision of CCTVs, clocks, mobile charging points, fans, and signages.
Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager has expressed his utmost satisfaction and happiness on the works being carried out at Guntakal Railway station as part of Station redevelopment. He complimented the officials and staff of Guntakal Division for developing the Guntakal station with state-of-the-art facilities and infrastructure. He opined that overall look and the aerial view of Guntakal railway station is depicting the world class standards will stand as iconic railway station building across the zone.