-Helps in decongesting the train movements
- Enhances efficiency in Train Operations
The yard at Tirupati Railway Station, which is the nearest rail head to reach the world-renowned Lord Balaji temple in Tirumala Hills is remodelled and commissioned for train operations with effect from 12th March, 2021.
Tirupati Railway Station is one of the busiest Railway Station and famous pilgrim destination on Indian Railways. Considering the importance of the Tirupati Railway Station, South Central Railway has remodelled the yard of Tirupati station, which has been sanctioned as part of the development of South side entry of the station in the year 2013-14 with the cost of Rs 77.29 Crores. This work has been taken up to decongest the train movements at Tirupati Railway station and also to enhance the safety in train operations.
The infrastructure works upgraded at Tirupati as a part of remodelled yard include–
· Two stabling lines and one engine escape line were developed towards Renigunta end.
· one additional running line was added in the yard with a length of 640 meters, to facilitate smooth management of trainswithin the station.
· All the movements within the yard are interlocked by replacing hand operated motor points to enhance safety in train operations.
· Electronic Interlocking has been commissioned with Central Route Relay Interlocking (RRI) consisting of 213 routes, which will reduce the manual intervention in the train handling to bare minimum.
· Augmentation of these facilities enables handling of more number of trains at any given point of time besides reducing the train detention.
· It will also help in improving the operational efficiency in train operations in the yard as well as safety.
Development of Tirupati Yard will boost the handling of train operations from & to Tirupati station and also helps in improving the punctuality of train services. Speaking on this occasion, Shri Gajanan Mallya, General Manager, SCR has complimented the Officials of Guntakal Division for successful completion of the works of remodelling of station yard at Tirupati Railway station. He stated that this will improve efficiency in train operations drastically and will decongest train movements.