As part of the continuous process to ensure safety of all rail passengers, Indian Railways has been taking several special measures as per the guidelines of the Ministry of Home Affairs from time to time to contain the spread of Covid-19. Since the resumption of the passenger train services both in reserved and unreserved sectors, Railways has been frequently advising the passengers to always follow all Covid protocols at the Railway premises, both for their own safety as well for the safety of co-passengers.
In view of the current pandemic situation, to enhance the safety of passengers and to ensure further containment of the virus, a-few new Covid protocols will be enforced. The following protocols may strictly be followed:
1. Booking and Cancellation of tickets:
· onboard booking by ticket checking staff of fully waiting list ticket will not be permitted and unreserved tickets (UTS) shall be permitted on limited trains only on which such unreserved journey has been permitted.
2. Catering and Linen on Train:
· To contain the spread of virus, No linen blankets and curtains shall be provided inside the trains. Passengers are advised to carry their own linen and the temperature inside the AC coaches will be regulated for this purpose. For the convenience of passengers, bedroll kits etc. will be available for purchase at Multi-purpose stalls.
· IRCTC will enable catering services to passengers through e-catering facility; provision of catering services in trains shall be subject to compliance of all safety and hygiene protocols.
· It is to be noted that no catering charges shall be included in the fare. Pre-paid catering services in trains shall be disabled.
· However, Ready to Eat (RTE) meals, packed items, packaged drinking water bottles, tea/coffee/beverages etc shall be made available to passengers in trains on payment basis through pantry cars/train side vending. Information to this effect shall be made available to passengers during time of booking ticket.
3. Protocols regarding entry and movement of Passengers:
· All Rail passengers are advised kindly wear the “Face Masks” at stations as well as all through the journey without fail.
· They are also requested to strictly maintain “Social Distancing Pattern” and carry sanitizers at the stations and during the journey.
· Passengers with fully waitlisted tickets shall not be allowed to enter the Railway station.
· only those passengers who are found asymptomatic in thermal screening will be permitted to travel.
· on arrival to destination station, passengers are advised to strictly adhere to health protocols of the destination State/Union Territory.
· Passengers may also make use of the Aarogya Setu application.
The fight against spread of Corona Virus needs joint efforts by all. Therefore, Railways earnestly appeals to all the rail users to ensure that they act with responsibility and support the endeavor of Railways for ensuring a safe journey.