· The initiative has been launched for the first time at Secunderabad, Kacheguda, Vijayawada, Guntur and Aurangabad Stations.
· The Project is being implemented for 30 days i.e., 09thApril – 7th May 2022, in two spells of 15 days each.
The novel initiative of “One station one Product” – aimed at making the railway stations a sales and promotional hub for local products – has been launched across 06 major stations over SCR. Encouraged by the terrific response to the Pilot project at Tirupati Station, it has now been launched for the first time at Secunderabad, Kacheguda, Vijayawada, Guntur and Aurangabad Stations.
Being a first-time initiative, it is being implemented for a duration of 30 days (in two spells of 15 days each) starting i.e., from 09thApril – 07th May 2022 at the 5 new stations, while the project which is already under implementation at Tirupati has now extended for another 30 days as well. Considering the huge response received for the unique concept, the 30 day period has been divided into two spells of 15 days each so as to give opportunity to more number of artisans to showcase their products at these premier stations over the Zone.
The “One station one Product” concept was announced in the union Budget 2022-23. Under this, railway stations – which witness huge footfalls – are envisaged to act as marketing channels to promote the local products, thereby giving a major boost to livelihood and welfare of local artisans, potters, weavers/handloom weavers, Tribals, etc. Accordingly, all the six Divisions of South Central Railway have identified one each major station over their jurisdiction to implement this unique initiative.
To execute the project, applications were called from Local persons/Artisans/traders/etc who are interested in promoting Local indigenous products. A huge response was seen and multiple applications were received for participation. The merchants/persons were selected accordingly to depict/encourage the local culture. Different merchants are selected for each spell of 15 days period.
The Six stations along with a brief explanation of the products identified for promotion / sale at these stations are as follows:
· Secunderabad: Hyderabadi Freshwater Pearl Jewellery and Hyderabadi Bangles
· Kacheguda: Pochampalli Handlooms and Textiles
· Vijayawada: Kondapalli Toys and Handicrafts
· Guntur: Tenali Handloom Textiles & Mangalagiri Sarees, Jute & Banana Fiber products
· Tirupati: Kalamkari, Handicrafts and Wood Carvings
· Aurangabad: Paithani Sarees & Himroo shawls
Fully-functional stalls are being allotted in prime passenger interface areas for promoting the identified products at these stations. The main benefits of the initiative include:
· Stalls are located in the prime Passenger interface area for enhanced visibility.
· Local Products will have an opportunity to have national reach by promoting their products at these Major stations.
· Facility to promote and sell the indigenous local products both at the station and on platforms on train arrival.
· Facility at nominal registration fee of Rs. 500/- only for 15 days.
On this occasion, Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager (In-Charge) complimented the Officers and staff of Commercial Wing for implementing this novel initiative over SCR. He stated that the Local artisans will have a good opportunity to showcase their products and thereby expand their reach of their products. He also stated that Railways stations are well suitable to promote indigenous products which are famous at the surrounding areas of the nominated stations.