- Contract has been awarded for Redevelopment of Tirupati station
Ministry of Railways has put a special focus on ‘Redevelopment of important Railway Stations’across all the zones, for providing first class amenities complying with green norms, elegant look and feel. Over South Central Railway, Tirupati Railway station has got a special importance with its unique feature of being alighting point to reach the world famous “Lord Balaji” temple. Hence, Railway board has instructed South Central Railway to take up the redevelopment of Tirupati station under the head “Major upgradation of Railway Stations”.
Accordingly, SCR has conceptualized a master plan to integrate the station complex with other infrastructure facilities and passenger amenities to provide a seamless experience to the rail users. Contract has been awarded to the various works under EPC mode. Important features of the upgradation of Tirupati station includes:
Infrastructure works -
· Development of station building on South side with Basement and Ground+3 floors.
· Development of station building on North side with Ground +3 floors.
· Construction of 2 Air Concourses of 35 mts wide connecting North & South side of Station Building.
· Improvements to Existing Platforms.
· Construction of New Cover over Platforms
Facilities that are to be provided in the proposed upgradation plan -
· In South Block, Parking facility at the basement, Departure Concourse, Arrival Concourse, Ticket counter, waiting lounge in ground floor, Common Waiting hall area, Female waiting area, food court, Toilets, Cloak Room in first and second floors, Railway Offices and Rest rooms in third floor.
· In North Block, Departure Concourse, Arrival Concourse, Ticket counter, waiting lounge in Ground floor, Common Waiting hall area, VIP Lounge, Toilets, Cloak Room in first floor, Waiting hall, Shops, Kiosks, Toilets in second floor, Railway offices in third floor.
· Waiting Hall, Shops, Food Court, Benches in Air concourse.
· 23 Lifts and 20 Escalators, Information display system, Public Address system, CCTV cameras, Coach Indication and Train Indication Boards to cater the needs of passengers.
Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager (Incharge) in this regard has stated that the Zone is committed to the upgradation of Tirupati Railway station on priority basis with world class facilities to suit the requirements of all segments of people and to cater the future needs. He instructed the Officials to gear up the works and complete the entire process in the scheduled time limit. He opined that Tirupati station will have a elegant look once all the world class facilities are provided and will be able to meet the aspirations of rail passengers in this crucial station.