- A step towards Simplification of tendering process, in addition to quicker allotment.
- Till now, contracts worth over Rs. 77 crores have already been awarded.
The recently introduced E-auction facility for Commercial contracts in SCR has received huge response from the participants. In a short span, 54 contracts worth of Rs: 77.51 Crores have been awarded so far. Further, more than 220 people have registered themselves on the Indian Railways E-Procurement System (IREPS) portal for participating in this novel initiative.
To simplify the tendering process and to create a level playing field to all the stake holders in the tenders of commercial earning contracts, Indian Railways has introduced electronic auction of commercial earning contracts through Indian Railway e-Procurement System (IREPS). The initiative which was initially introduced in Secunderabad Division has seen enthusiastic adoption by the participants resulting in it being rolled across all the six divisions of SCR.
All commercial earning contracts like Commercial publicity, Vehicle Parking, Parcel, ATM, Pay & Use Toilets, AC Waiting Halls and Cloak Rooms over all Divisions of South Central Railway have been brought under E- Auction Module. Under the scheme all eligible bidders can participate in the E- Auction at the comfort of their house/Offices without having to visit the railway offices at any point of time during or after the auction.
Salient features of e-auction facility
· The Auction will be conducted online through ‘E-Auction Leasing’ module of IREPS: www.ireps.gov.in. The earlier system of physical registration of contractors Division-wise has been dispensed with.
· one time online self-registration of contractors with a fee of Rs 10,000/-.
· Bidder located anywhere in India can participate by registering in E- Auction module of IREPS.
· Payment schedule for the contract will be generated immediately. All payments by the contractor will be made online. Entire process will be online & paperless.
· Except financial criteria of past turnovers (based on self-declaration by contractors), there is no other eligibility criterion. Importantly, no financial turnover is required for annual contracts up to Rs.40 lakhs.
· Participants only need to have a current account in SBI, linked with E- Auction module of IREPS to participate in online bidding.
The concept of e-auction introduced in place of e-tendering is beneficial for both Railways as well as Bidders since it saves lot of time in finalizing the contracts with minimum eligibility conditions. It also helps in removing entry barriers. The party can bid for any revenue contract across Indian Railways in any division/unit. Moreover, the letter of Allotment/bid sheet will be issued immediately and online signing of contract shall be completed within 72 hrs of auction. Contract can be commenced within few days from the notification of the auction.
Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager (In-charge), SCR has appealed to all potential and eligible stakeholders to utilize this opportunity and register under IREPS website so that they can get benefit of awarding the commercial contract at the apt and suitable time by participating in e - auction.