- This is the best performance registered by the Zone in any financial year
- This is also the best performance by any Zone across Indian Railways during 2021-22
Giving a major thrust to Mission Electrification, South Central Railway has registered its best-ever performance in terms of completing electrification works across its network during 2021-22. The Zone has completed 770 RKM of Railway electrification works in FY 2021-22, which is an all-time record in the history of the Zone. Further, this is also the highest amount of Electrification done by any Zone across Indian Railways during 2021-22.
The electrification works got speeded up in the current financial year and the last mile connectivity has been given special focus. Out of the total 770 Rkms, 326 Kms falls under Telangana, 331 Kms falls under Andhra Pradesh, 87 Kms falls under Maharashtra and 27 Kms pertains to Karnataka jurisdiction of SCR. The state-wise details of the Electrification details completed on the Zone duing 2021-22 are as follows:
· 326 Kms pertaining to Telangana region of SCR comprises of sections like Umdanagar - Mahabubnagar for 85.60 Kms with which the entire project is completed; Gadwal - Raichur for 57.70 Kms; Mortad - Nizamabad for 45.10Kms with which the entire project of Lingampet Jagityal - Nizamabad is completed; Nizamabad - Bodhan for 25.85 Kms; Bhadrachalam - Bhavanapalem for 37.55 Kms; Pimpalkutti - Kosai - 40.13 Kms (Telangana Portion); Kohir Deccan - Khanapur - 33.72 Kms (Telangana Portion).
· 331 Kms pertaining to Andhra Pradesh region of SCR comprises of sections like Aravalli - Bhimavaram - Narsapur for 45.53 Kms; 53.30 Kms between Kadiri - Tummanamgutta; 55.80 Kms between Pakala - Kalikiri; 54.20 Kms between Dhone - Kurnool City; 122.32 Kms between Yerraguntla - Nandyal.
· 87 Kms pertaining to Maharashtra region of SCR comprise of sections like Lohogad - Washim for 45.30 Kms; Ankai - Rotegaon for 37.15 Kms and 4.17 Kms between Pimpalkutti - Kosai.
· 26 Kms pertaining to Karnataka region of SCR between Kohir Deccan - Khanapur.
The electrification of rail lines helps in providing seamless movement of trains by avoiding change in traction power, reduces enroute detention of both the coaching and freight trains and thereby improves the average speed of the trains. It has the potential to introduce more trains in these sections due to the enhancement of sectional capacity. It also provides an environment-friendly means of powering the trains, while saving fuel costs at the same time.
Shri Arun Kumar Jain, General Manager (In-Charge), South Central Railway has congratulated entire staff & Officers of the Zone for the excellent teamwork and dedication put-up in executing the electrification works. The General Manager has also expressed his satisfaction in the cooperation and coordination of both Railway and railway electrification officials in completing the electrification works of the concerned projects. He said that the majority of the SCR network is now electrified and this helps in achieving 100% electrification of the Zone in the ensuing years.