The prime object of the TRSO Organization is to execute efficient crew and loco management in Secunderabad Division. The Organization has to ensure availability of crew for all the trains running in the Division. In addition to this, up keep and refreshing knowledge of running staff from time to time in both technical and safety aspects.
About TRSO Organization:
TRSO Organization in Secunderabad Division is under the control of Sr.Divisional Electrical Engineer(TRSO), Secunderabad assisted by Assistant Divisional Electrical Engineer(TRSO)/Secunderabad having crew depots at Secunderabad, Kazipet, Bellampalli, Bhadrachalam and Vijayawada (Secunderabad Division).
There are 196 Coaching Loco Pilots, 382 Goods Loco Pilots, 90 Shunting Loco Pilots, 537 Assistant Loco Pilots amounting to a total of 1206 running staff, who are continuously under monitoring of 26 Loco Inspectors. The organization is also responsible for up keeping and improvement of running rooms at Kazipet (62 beds), Bellampalli (28 beds) , Pandarpauni (23 beds), Dornakal (23 beds), Motumari (12 beds), Bhadrachalam (9 beds), Manuguru (17 beds), Secunderabad (30 beds, Hyderabad (13 beds) for arranging good resting facilities to the crew.
Two Electric Loco Trip Sheds based at Hyderabad and Sanatnagar are also under TRSO Organization for crrying out trip schedules of coaching and freight locos.
Running of MMTS and EMU services over Secunderabad division is also operated by TRSO Organization. Out of total 121 MMTS services 91 services are operated by Secunderabad division crew and the remaining by Hyderabad division crew.
1. Out of 4450 crores total GTKMs, the electrical GTKMs are 3443 crores, which turns out to 77.3% of the traffic is handled by TRSO Organization during the year 2010-11 in Secunderabad Division.
2. The average EKM of 562 is achieved during the year 2010-11 against the target of 550 EKM.
3. In all the running rooms under TRSO, subsidezed food is being supplied to all the running staff taking rest.
4. The facilities in running rooms are improved with supply of RO purified water, laundry, new funiture etc.
5. Touch screen kiosks are provided in all crew lobbies with e-display of technical and safety literature. 6. GPS based speedometers are procured to conduct surprise checks to prevent Loco Pilots driving the trains at excess speed than prescribed. 7. Web based SMS service is being utilized to sensitize the running staff whether safety instructions are issued and to send SMS to the field supervisors whenever a defect is noticed by crew while on run.