Screen Reader Access Skip to Main Content Font Size   Increase Font size Normal Font Decrease Font size
Indian Railway main logo
Search :
Find us on Facebook   Find us on Twitter Find us on Youtube View Content in Hindi
National Emblem of India

About Us

Citizen Charter

Trains & Timings

Passenger Services / Freight Information

Public Information

Tenders

Contact Us

Salient Features
Organisation Structure
Certifications & Awards
Major Milestones
Performance
Accounts
Automation, Innovations & Initiatives
Electrical dept.
Heritage Preservation
Engineering Department
Energy Conservation
RTI Info- Staff Remuneration
Basic Training Centre
Right to Information
Notifications - Syllabus - Study Material - LDCE Key - for Employees
Seniority List
Book of Sanctions
Settlement Booklet LGDS
SBE 2024
Wagon Workshop, Guntupalli
Carriage Repair Shop Tirupati
Electric Loco Shed Vijayawada
Diesel Loco Shed Moula-ali
Diesel Loco Shed Guntakal
Diesel Loco Shed Gooty
Diesel LocoShed Kazipet
Diesel Loco Shed Vijayawada
Electric Loco Shed Kazipet
Electric Loco Shed Lalaguda
EMU Car Shed Moula-Ali
MEMU Car Shed RJY
S&T Workshop Mettuguda
Engineering Workshop Lalaguda
BOX N ROH Depot Gooty


 
Bookmark Mail this page Print this page
QUICK LINKS
Carriage Workshop, Lallaguda


About Us

                                  

The Carriage Workshop, Lallaguda was established in 1893 as the Locomotive, Carriage and Wagon Workshop of the Nizam State Railway (NSR). The Government of Hyderabad took over direct control of the Railways in 1930 and renamed it as the Nizam Guaranteed State Railways (NGSR).

It is one of the oldest surviving examples of modern Industrial Architecture in the Twin Cities. It signaled the beginning of major industry in the state. A few structures in use today date from the time of the workshop’s initial commissioning.

The precinct provides us with a glimpse of not only the industrial advances made over more than a century but is also a repository of heritages from a bygone era. Restored wagons, coaches and a variety of artifacts relating to railway history have been preserved and quite a few are displayed at the site. Notable among these one finds a meticulously restored coach of 1886 vintage.

            

South Central Railway was carved out on 2ndOctober 1966, and Lallaguda Workshop went on to become a major workshop of the zone.It continued to be a composite workshop for MG/BG rolling stock till 1973.As a result of phasing out of steam locos, the Workshop took up POH of all types of BG coaches and hence rechristened as “Carriage Workshop” during 1997.

Location: Carriage Workshop, Lallaguda, Secunderabad, South Central Railway. (Map Location)

          


IMS Policy:


                                       




Source : South Central Railway CMS Team Last Reviewed : 28-07-2021  


  Admin Login | Site Map | Contact Us | RTI | Disclaimer | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy Valid CSS! Valid XHTML 1.0 Strict

© 2016  All Rights Reserved.

This is the Portal of Indian Railways, developed with an objective to enable a single window access to information and services being provided by the various Indian Railways entities. The content in this Portal is the result of a collaborative effort of various Indian Railways Entities and Departments Maintained by CRIS, Ministry of Railways, Government of India.