Functioning of Public Grievances Redressal Machinery over Guntakal Division.
I.Complaint Handling Policy:
At divisional level complaints are directly handled by Additional Divisional Railway Manager/ Operations who is also the Divisional Director of Public Grievances.
Complaint: A complaint gets precipitated when the system fails to deliver the guaranteed services to its customers. Otherwise a complaint is dissatisfaction note of the system on the failure of services assured to them.
Source of Complaints:
1.Direct way of reporting a complaint is by recording in complaint book provided at various places in station like with SM on duty, Parcel Office, Booking Office, Goods Shed and Catering units etc.
2.While on train, a complaint can be recorded with Guard, COR (TTE) and Pantry Manager. All these people are supplied with complaint books.
3.Complaints can also made by way of
(b)Complaints can be referred to headquarters, other divisions and by other railways.
5.E-mail complaints: These complaints are mailed directly to respective dealing officers’ e-mail addresses who’s IDs are notified in Time Table.
6. Complaints can be made through twitter to @RailMinIndia, @SCRailwayIndia, @Gmscrailway & @drmgtl. And also through Rail Madad app, Helpline Numbers 138 and 139 etc.,
Immediate action is being taken duly advising to concerned staff/Departments.
Disposal of Complaints:
1.Most of the complaints are received through complaint books. These complaints are disposed based on the explanations of staff and remarks of station master.
2.In all other cases viz. the complaints received from Headquarters, other divisions and other railways, complaints are disposed by way of enquiring the connected staff or calling for remarks from concerned Branch Officers.
3.In case of complaints where serious misbehavior or large corruption is alleged, confronted enquiries are ordered.
4.While replying to every complaint /grievance, the suffering of passenger is taken into account and replied after attending to the grievance duly taking steps against its recurrence.
5.At times complaints are heard directly. In the very presence of complainants connected staff are counseled duly assuring of corrective action.
6.After attending to every aspect of the grievance, the complainants are replied.
7.Complaints appearing in press are also attended on priority.
II.Various avenues available for redressal of grievances:
On Train: Passengers for redressal of their grievances may contact TTE, RPF/GRP or Guard of the train.
At Stations: Passengers for redressal of their grievances may contact Station Master, Assistance booths set up by TCs, RPF or GRP.
At Divisional Level: Traveling public may contact ADRM/Operations or any Commercial Officer for redressal of their grievances.
Special Monitoring Cells: S.C. Railway has set up Special Monitoring Cells to provide better Railway Services.
TheseSpecial Monitoring Cells have been set up at S.C. Railway headquarters and Divisional headquarters.
Problems related to Catering, Passenger Amenities, Cleanliness and late running of trains can be reported to the nominated officers of these monitoring cells whose contact numbers are displayed at all important stations and Time Table from time to time. ADRM/Operations will be the nodal officer at Divisional Level.
Features of Rail Madad Application
(1) Rail MADAD registers a complaint with minimum inputs from passenger (option of photo also available), issues unique ID instantly and relays the complaint online to relevant field officials for immediate action. The action taken on complaint is also relayed to passenger through SMS, thus fast tracking the entire process of redressal of complaints through digitization. The complaints are monitored and redressed at Divisional level, Zonal level, and Railway Board level.
(2) The app also displays various helpline numbers (e.g., Security, Child helpline etc) and provides direct calling facility for immediate assistance in one easy step.
(3) All modes of filing complaints including offline and online modes are being integrated on a single platform, therefore the resultant management reports present a holistic picture of weak/deficient areas and enable focused corrective action by officials concerned.
(4) The data analysis would also generate trends on various performance parameters of a selected train/station like cleanliness, amenities etc thus making managerial decision more precise and effective. (5) Hierarchy based dashboard/reports will be available for management at Division /Zonal/Railway board level and sent through auto email to every concerned officer weekly.
(6) Response time” is defined as the amount of time between when the client first creates an incident report (which includes leaving a phone message, sending an email, or using an online ticketing system) and when the provider actually responds (automated responses don’t count) and lets the client know they’ve currently working on it.
“Resolution time” is defined as the amount of time between when the client first creates an incident report and when that problem is actually solved.